OTT Full Form | What is OTT Full Form
OTT Full Form: OTT stands for “over the top.” It applies to television programs and films delivered over a high-speed internet connection rather than cable or satellite. It’s not free entertainment; rather, a fee is required to access the content for a set period. A few app examples include Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, iTunes, and HBO Now etc.
You’ll want a web-enabled TV or a high-speed broadband connection to view OTT content on any internet-enabled device (laptop, phone, etc.). Netflix’s rapid growth has boosted OTT viewing’s success, which started with the company showcasing original content rather than old movies and TV shows, as it had previously done. If you don’t have a smart TV, you’ll need an OTT device, such as an Amazon Fire TV stick, which allows you to watch or consume OTT content.
OTT Full Form
Individuals who watch video over-the-top (OTT) from any app or website that offers streaming video material and bypasses conventional delivery are referred to as OTT video viewers. Netflix, HBO Now, Hulu, Amazon Prime Video, YouTube/YouTube Red, and Sling TV are only a few examples.
Some of the benefits of OTT networks or media services are as follows:
- OTT media networks are less costly than traditional D2H connections.
- OTT media is simple to access and use. The user would need a safe internet connection and a computer, such as a PC, smart TV, or mobile device.
- You are not bound by a schedule and can watch your favorite shows whenever you want. You can also watch the film as many times as you’d like. There are no limitations based on location. By logging into your account, you can watch movies from any place.
- One of the biggest advantages of viewing OTT content is that you can watch your favorite shows uninterrupted, which often entertains you and also saves you time, But apart from that, due to the COVID-19 outbreak, most producers choose to launch their movies on major OTT platforms.
- OTT offers a diverse selection of content like films, TV shows, news, sports, educational shows, and more. You can also stream videos from other countries with it.
In India, the following are the top Seven OTT platforms:
Amazon Prime Video
The Amazon Prime Video was launched in India in 2016. In addition to English, it has content in six Indian languages.
Netflix is a famous streaming platform in India, with three subscription levels: Basic, Standard HD, and Premium Ultra HD.
Hotstar is a Disney-operated over-the-top streaming service in India. The company is owned by Novi Digital Entertainment, a subsidiary of Disney’s Star India.
In India, Sony LIV is a video-on-demand service. Sony Pictures Networks India Pvt. Ltd. is a subsidiary of Sony Pictures Entertainment India Pvt. Ltd, The distributor, is Ltd. Sony Entertainment Network channels in India, including Sony TV, Sony Max, and Sony Pix, are among the content available in its library.
Voot is another Indian OTT service. It’s a live video-on-demand (SVOD) service. It was released for the first time in March of 2016. It’s available as an iPhone and Android app, as well as a desktop website.
ZEE 5 is an OTT (over-the-top) video service. It is owned by the Essel Group and was published in India on February 14, 2018, in 12 Indian languages.
MX Player is an Indian video-on-demand site owned by MX Media & Entertainment. It is available for free download on ios, Android, and the internet. It was relaunched in 2019 as an original content OTT website.