Fire and Safety Course After 12th | Career in Fire and Safety!
Fire and Safety Course Details: Have you completed your 12th standard and looking for some challenging career option other than armed forces. If yes, you can join the Fire and Safety diploma course. It will give you an excellent career and respect in society.
Today here, I will describe everything about Fire and safety courses such as eligibility, fees, colleges & institutes, physical requirements, etc.
About Fire & Safety in India
As you know, India is the highest population country, and lots of fire accident cases register every year. The requirements of the fire and safety professionals are very high in our nation. According to a report, India has less than three thousand fire stations across India and required more than 9 thousands to protect from fire accidents.
Fire and Safety Courses
Every student, male or female, who completed their 10th or 12th can pursue the fire & safety course from a reputed college & Institute. Presently there are so many different types of fire and safety training available for various requirements.
You can also read: How to Become a Professional Web Designer | Web Designing Course Details
To become a firefighter candidate needs excellent physical fitness and devotion to service. Fire- safety course has different levels and categories: Fire & Safety Technology and Fire & Safety Management courses.
Nowadays, Fire and Safety professionals are required not only in Fire stations but also in Industries, Corporate, Chemical Plants, Oil & Refineries, and many multinational companies worldwide.
In this training, candidates learn about firefighting equipment, fire prevention, first-aid, hydraulics, communication system, chemistry and physics, fire safety engineering, and the most crucial the team work.
Indian fire and safety education system provides these five types of courses listed as below:
1. Certificate courses-
- Certificate in Security and Fire Prevention
- Certificate in Safety Management
- Certificate in Fireman Training
- Certificate in Disaster Management
- Certificate in Industrial Safety Management
Eligibility: Candidates need to minimum 10th standard passed from a recognized board.
2. Diploma Courses-
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Management
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Engineering
- Diploma in Fire and Safety Technology
- Diploma in Industrial Safety
Eligibility: To pursue a Diploma course in Fire and Safety, candidates need to pass out a minimum of 12th standards from a recognized board. Or 10th + ITI certificate holder in similar trade.
3. Bachelor’s Degree Courses-
- B.Sc. Fire and Industrial Safety
- B.Sc. Fire and Safety
- B.Tech. Fire and Safety Engineering
- B.Sc. Fire Safety and Hazard Management
Eligibility: if students want to do a bachelor’s degree course, they must complete the 12th or related diploma course.
4. PG Courses-
- PG Diploma in Industrial Safety
- PG Diploma in Fire Safety and Hazard Management
- PG Diploma in Safety Management
Eligibility: Relevant Bachelor’s degree holders can apply for PG Course.
5. ITI Courses
- ITI Safety and Security course
- ITI Fireman course
- ITI Fire Technology and Safety Management
Eligibility: Minimum 10th standard passed students can pursue ITI Courses.
Fees will depend on the Institute or the college’s reputation and facilities. On average, for a fire & safety course, you will be charged between Rs.40 000 to RS.2.5 lac approximate.
You can try Government or government affiliation institutes to join; here, fees will be much lesser than private institutes.
- Certificate Courses: All certificate courses duration is under 1year.
- Diploma Courses: Diploma courses also 1 or 2 years long depends on the Institute’s course syllabus.
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses- Bachelor’s degree courses will 2 years duration.
- PG and ITI Courses will also 1year long.
As career prospects, fire & safety officers can apply for a job in both Government and Private Firms. Besides India successful completion of the course, the candidate also applies for abroad jobs. Candidates can also apply for one of the job profiles as their training category, such as Safety Consultant, Safety Engineer, Safety Officer, Safety Supervisor, etc.
There are many opportunities in different industries for a fire and safety certificate, diploma, or degree holders. Some most common sectors listed below:
Government Firefighting Department
Fire Safety Training Institutes etc.
Top Colleges & Institutes of Fire and Safety Courses
There are so many Fire and Safety training centers in India. But I listed these 10 most popular institutes and colleges where you can apply for this course.
- National Institute of Fire and Safety Management, Gwalior
- Institute of Fire and Safety Management (NIFS), New Delhi
- Integrated Institute of Education Technology (IIT), Hyderabad
- Indira Gandhi Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
- Institute of Fire Engineering and Safety Management (NIFS), Tamilnadu
- BK College of Fire Engineering and Safety Management, Pune
- Institute of Fire and Safety Management (NIFS), Andhra Pradesh
- Indian Institute of Fire Engineering (IIFE), Nagpur
- National Institute of Professional Education (NIPE), Delhi
- National Institute of Fire and Safety management, Andhra Pradesh
About NIFS India
National Institute of Fire and Safety Management is an Indian Government-owned Fire & Safety Institute. It has technical collaboration with Annamalai University and approved by UGC, AICTE, DEB, and HRD Govt. of India. NIFS also ISO 9001:2015 certified Institute. It has multiple branches around India.
To know more, you can visit its official website by clicking on this link- http://www.nifsindia.net/.
Or call on its number- +91 – 837 (434) 0999
Or contact on its email- firstname.lastname@example.org
Which course is best in fire and safety?
Although you can join any fire and safety course as your qualification, the most popular entry-level course is Diploma in Fire and safety course. Any student who completed their 12th standard or ITI in similar trade can pursue this course.
This Diploma Course is also known as the Fire and safety management course. Course duration is 1 or 2 years. You can read this post to learn more about Diploma in Fire and Safety Course by clicking here.
What qualifications need a safety officer?
To pursue the safety officer course candidate must pass a minimum 10th or 12th standard from any reputed board.
How can I become a fire safety officer in India?
To become a Fire and Safety Officer, students need to complete a fire and safety course from authorized Institutions or Colleges.
How many types of safety courses are there?
In India, presently, 5 types of fire and safety courses are available. Any student, male or female, who can complete 12th can apply for these courses.
These are course types:
Presently in India, students have so many career options are available, but if you are interested in Fire and Safety Course, it can be great for you.
It will be a job oriented profession, and demand is increasing rapidly. Also, in this profession, you will face low competition compare to another profession.
So if you feel this post was helpful for you, please share it with your friends, and if you have any queries, please ask below in the comment box.
Thanks for reading!!
Check these also:
- Top 50 AME Colleges in India | Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Course Details
- PGDM Course Details-Fees, Duration, Eligibility, Syllabus, and Popular Colleges
- Best Degree Courses after 12th Science Biology (PCB)
- 10 Best Professional Courses after 12th Commerce
- 50 Best Professional Courses in India After 12th/Graduation